Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Something I haven't done in a long time!

I actually drew a couple of things just for fun. I've made it no secret that I wanted to spell my son's name ZAKK after Ozzy Ozzbournes' guitarist Zakk Wylde. The man is a master of his craft. He sings, he plays guitar, bass, and piano. He can do a very touching song about loss or a rippin' song about never giving up. Either way I think he's cool and thought my son wouldn't take issue with the inspiration behind the spelling of his name. Heidi and I have decided to hang original artwork up in Zach's room based on two of our favorite comicbooks Herobear and the Kid and Owly. So as a warm up for my own addition to our sons room I worked up an Owly Ozzbourne piece with Wormy on vocals.




Next up, the boy who has given me all of my practice getting ready for Zach sent me an AWESOME Star Wars illustration. His name is Dylan and one of our bonding things to do is duel with our lightsabers (he has Obi-Wan's and I have Mace Windu's, because purple lightsabers RULE) and play with Star Wars Lego's. Well I was inspired by Dylan's art, knowing he drew it out of the sheer love and joy of doing it. I needed to do that, but in my own way. So I whipped up a stormtrooper in an artsy fartsy kind of way.





So big shout out to Zach, Dylan, Andy Runton and Mike Kunkel for the inspiration.

Soon I'll be posting more pics of Zach I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that "Owly Ozbourne" drawing is so cool. I love the amps!