Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am Geek, hear me geek out over geeky stuff.

Okay so I saw the Toadies on Thursday night and they Rocked My Face Off! What an intense show. Glad I was able to hit at least one concert this summer that I really wanted to see. Never had a chance to see them in their day, and now after 8 years they're back together and on tour. I went with Eric Schwebach and Jason Salas, a good time was had by all. New album drops on the 19th, looking very forward to it.

Movies I've peeped this summer...

Iron Man, near perfect comicbook action/adventure film

The Dark Knight, near perfect comicbook crime/drama film

Get Smart, funny movie, perhaps a little heavy on the "action" for a comedy but I'll forgive it since it was still fun.

Wall-E, I love almost anything from Pixar. And while this movie is toward the bottom of my favorite Pixar flicks it's still an amazingly good movie. The animation is as always a joy to behold but there were live-action inserts that were just horrid and had no place in the film.

Comicbooks I'm digging this summer are Garth Ennis' Punisher, Ex Machina, Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam, Secret Invasion, Invincible and Walking Dead.

Also Teri and Mom were kind enough to buy Guitar Hero Aerosmith for me for my birthday. It was a great gift since I've never owned any of the GH games and Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands. Despite them being a favorite band of mine Zakk Wylde is my favorite guitarist. In fact many of you know that I wanted to spell Zach's name ZAKK. Well Zakk has played a guitar with a black and pearl bullseye on it that he refers to as "The Grail". He doesn't tour with the original anymore but he has his own signature series modeled after it and has other ones with varying colors, black and silver, red and yellow, black and camo. All very cool but the original black and pearl is where it's at.

Here's Zakk shredding on the black and pearl.



Here's my GH controller customized by me. I know, I'm sooooooo cool. Just ask the kids, I'm hip, I'm down...



Back of the headstock



Top side of the neck has a saying I came up with meant to be a joke, but I love it cause I worked in the name of my favorite painter. If you can't read it for some reason it says "You can call me Norman, 'cause I Rockwell" c'mon admit it, that's pretty good.

7 comments:

m3ng said...

That's pretty sweet! I'm jealous. I was eyeing up the Aerosmith GH package just the other day...oh, happy birthday! When was it?

Hellboy II was a decent movie! It made me laugh, at least...

Brian said...

My bday was on July 21st just two days before Shane's.

I want to see Hellboy 2, I just have to go into with the mindset that this is not MIGNOLA'S Hellboy and I think I'll be fine.

Teri said...

Brian, your "custom" guitar is -
S-W-E-E-T-!!!! How ya doin on GH? Practice makes almost perfect unless you have your Jesus suit on.

Glad you enjoy it and it's fun. I can see you and Z jammin for years to come!

Brian said...

I've finished easy and medium career modes, but now I'm just trying to five star every song on medium and I'm getting four instead. Makes me fear Hard and never ever want to touch Expert

Teri said...

well, what's cool is you'll have a lifetime to practice. Make your boy proud!

Teri said...

I always look on your blog everyday for a new picture of the baby. I always know then that you will have more cool stuff to say and, of course, look at! This blog is the BEST!!!

Kelly Light said...

Ghaachk!-That's me choking from laughing so hard at the -"cause I Rockwell"- hilarious!