Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Family Trip

This is my boy! A whole MONTH OLD!








He's starting to grab at stuff these days.



I think he may grow up to be a Black Panther. Regularly whenever trying to wake up he'll raise his arm in the air and make a fist. Sometimes just the right, sometimes just the left and on a few rare occasions BOTH at the same time!




Well, he's a month old and we're going on our first family trip. Not too far just down to Chicago for a "family reunion" of sorts. A lot of family is in town from Cali, Arizona, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Wisconsin all converging in the suburbs of the coolest city on the face yo!

I'm really excited for my side of the family to finally come face to face with the greatest addition to our bloodline since 7-21-77 (what? Zach told me to say it, blame him). It'll be great getting together talking (yelling over one another) at my sister's kitchen table. Feelings will be hurt, apologies will be made, a lot of food will be obliterated, great times for everyone. My family is very generous so we can always look forward to great meals, hospitality and the occasional flatulence (hey I get to blame it on the kid, notice a pattern of blame here?). Seriously though for being as freakin' huge as my family is we're quite functional... we all love each other very much and do whatever we can to help each other out. I'm very blessed to have them all.

I just got done putting in a ipod hook up in our new vehicle (Thanks Lynn). I was also able to take care of a rattle on the dashboard by the display. If you know the interior of a Lexus RX300 it has a display for the climate and radio (in later models navigation as well) at the top of the dash. Well I'm a stereo guy and a bit of an audio snob so any noise that doesn't belong is big no no in my vehicles and I wasn't going to listen to it all the way to Chi-town and back. Whilst taking apart the dash and center console for the ipod thingy I also took apart the screen (fuzzy velcro around the edge of the screen but far back enough so it's not visible always does the trick) laid some velcro down and voila no more annoying noise. Now we can listen to the ipoddy goodness with nary a unwelcome sound. Not only that but Heidi can use her pod to make the boy simma-don-na with some Baby Einstein, Barenaked Ladies or They Might Be Giants. Lots of choices to sooth the savage beast.

Also on another GEEK note as I've been feeding People's Sexiest Man Alive 2031 I've been watching some DVD's Jason Blair lent to me of Battlestar Galactica. I've just started disc 4 of season one. I've gotta say it's not too shabby. Not the masterpiece that is Firefly, but it's keeping me entertained despite it's cheesier moments. If you like Sci-Fi give it a try (heh). But only after you've checked out the superior Firefly first.

Later peeps,

Big Poppa

11 comments:

Alissa said...

oh man... i'm so not a geek... i thought firefly was pretty awful.

have a great trip!

Brian said...

Blasphemy Philistine!

Trip was great.

And so is Firefly.

Nyah.

Anonymous said...

he is such a great kid. i could just eat him up! l, auntie teri

Anonymous said...

im anonymous cuz i dont know how to set up a googley account, but i'm really not anonymous, right bro-daddy? kiss zackhammer and your beautiful wife (who, by the way looks so awesome for just having a baby-it ought to be illegal!)say hi and hugs and kisses to the whole fam. L,T

m3ng said...

Battlestar! Capt Adama dies in the end. not to spoil it or anything, just thought you should know.

=)

Brian said...

Dude, not cool. Do you watch the show when it airs or do you do DVD?

Anonymous said...

ah, he's probably just kidding to set you off ;)

I don't watch the show, but mostly have heard good things about it.

Brian said...

Yea, I know he's jerkin' my chain. But I just watched the last episode and Adama takes two to the stomach. So now, I know he lives. That and he's on all the package artwork for season 2.

I really enjoyed it so far. Looking forward to peeping Season 2 and by the time I finish that 3 will probably be on DVD and I can peep that too. Nothing like coming into something 3 seasons in so you don't have to wait.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian, Heidi and my baby Zackerdoo! Thank you for letting me hold spoil, love, feed,love, kiss,change his diapers, smell and LOVE that awesome baby! What a blessing, my goodness. I just want to eat him up and give his little feet lots of kisses! Love, Aunt Teri

Anonymous said...

Teri ~ I can't say thank you enough for loving little Z so much! You have been a huge help and I'm am soooo grateful for everything you have done so I could get a little break. Speaking of... I'm going to try to sleep for a little while before the next feeding. Exhausted and Grateful... H

Anonymous said...

hey, Breezy, sorry about posting my comments regarding Zackerdoo and Heidi on this page. I didnt know you could go to different areas to post comments. I think my comments ruined your "sci-fi" vibe with your friends. Please forgive me. signed,, lack of computer savvy sister.